Thursday, June 21, 2007

Iain Dale's Diary: LibDems to Prop Up Labour?

Iain Dale's Diary: LibDems to Prop Up Labour?

I think I'm just beginning to get the hang of this blogging thing and realise that you have to get in early with your comments if anyone is going to take any notice of you.

Take this blog from Iain Dale at about 10.30am on Wednesday 20th June. The Guardian story ran all day in the media. I was fascinated why this had emerged as major story but did not get around to reading it until well after midnight. By that time there had been 59 comments but no one had noticed one posted at 11.11am that said "you are missing something. love from a guardian staffer".

I looked at the original Guardian article and spotted this sentence: "He (Brown) may also make a move on Iraq that could require the help of other parties."

My comment was : "Brown will be looking for a big hit and what better than to announce a very quick withdrawal from Iraq? The devil is always in the detail."

None of the other commentators (I use the term loosely) had seen this as a potential reason for Brown's overtures to Campbell. I might be proved wrong but it seems likely that Brown doesn't want to spend all his time sorting out the aftermath of Blair's war on terror.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a nice blog. I hope you will create another post like this.